Leaving Applegate Cove early in the day, we sailed 14 miles to Cache Creek.
We anchored for the night and left early the next day to get through the lock. We needed to get through early because there is not a good anchorage on the other side of the lock until Fort Smith. When we got to the lock, it was busy with a tug/barge so we anchored to wait. Eventually, since we were running out of time, we tucked into this cove to wait until the next day.